Monday, November 16, 2009

Hair breakage???

Okay, I have been using a perm for my for a long time. But since the beginning of this school year...my hair has been breaking off in the back-middle of my head. Now, I'm willing to cut my hair to make my hair even...I really don't mind that. But my parents and friends don't want me too...they rather see me get micro-braids (which I would also do) I really don't know what to do...my parents nd friends are aggrivating me!!! Anyone who is good at doing hairstyles for African Americans...PLZ Help Me!!!!



Hair breakage???

If your hair is breaking off or shedding then you need to wear a scarf/bandana/hair wrap whenever you lay down. Silk scarfs or pillow cases are the best. If you're just laying down for a quick nap or laying down watching tv always make sure you have your hair covered!



Shedding or breakage is usually a sign of stress or bad hair management so make sure you take care of your hair.



Try getting a sew-in weave or braids because they reduce the chance of you putting heat on your hair and just messing with your hair period. The less you do with your hair, in the sense that if its braided there's less that you can do with it, the better off it will be.



Hair breakage???

hello,



getting braids may further break your hair off depending on how tight the braids are..



i saw cut your hair and grow it out naturally. don't oil scalp because it will clog your pores. Wear a SATIN CAP, "Magic Satin" is really good and you can buy it at Wal-Mart. It is 2-4 dollars.



Before I started wearing a satin cap one side of my head had thick, full hair and the other side did not because hte other side would break off (i think it was because i slept on that sotten and my pillow kept breaking my hair because it's cotten, sucking the little oil I have out of my hair and thus breaking).



Within several months my hair grew in and STAYED on that side.



So wear a satin cap at night, keep oil but not too much in your hair... try to get a natural/herbal oil, not one that is petroleum based.



Relaxing your hair is bad for your hair, wear it natural.



My the back of my hair has not grown in too well because i am sleeping on it and leaving loose ends... But now I am keeping my hair in a poiny tail when I go to bed, and I honestly believe that, that will do the trick.



Hair breakage???

My husband used to have long hair when he was a teen (rebellious type ;) and he swore that the typical African American hair products caused breakage because of the petroleum base. Petroleum is really not good for hair! Use Pantene Pro-V and lots and lots and LOTS of conditioner. Also, sweetie, at the end of the day, it IS your hair. You have to look at yourself in the mirror. What do YOU want? That's what should matter most. Anyone that truly loves or respects you will only want you to be happy with your own look. Unfortunately, I don't know much about African hair at your length, because the hubby went from spikes with gel to shaving his head completely bald when we got married. Good luck!



(Remember: It's only hair! It WILL grow back! And if it doesn't grow back, you have bigger problems than just your hair style! LOL But damage in hair does snowball...ends continue to split, hair will continue to break, etc.)



Hair breakage???

I can tell you what worked for me. When I got my first perm my hair started really breaking and what my mama did for me was kept it greased and oiled not putting any extensions in it, thats the key. Leave the weave out! Keep your natural hair braided and the split ends clipped. Do this for like 6 months and you'll start seeing that your hair is growing and is healthier than before. Make sure that you use a good type of grease made just for hair growth, and prevents breakage. Shampoo your hair once every 2 weeks. Like every other Saturday then keep it greased and braided for two weeks. After the 2 weeks, take your hair down wash it with pantene Pro-V and repeat the steps. You may think you look boyish because your hair is braided without any extensions but girl trust me if you follow these steps you'll be thankful you did it. Another tip while following these steps is to also pray and ask God to help your hair grow. He answers prayer. And lastly make sure you don't have everybody in your head because some people just don't know what they be doin.



Hair breakage???

Cut your hair and let it grow naturally. Don't perm your hair as much maybe once in a few months. Also you a pantene breakage control shampoo and conditioner.



Hair breakage???

I had the same problem last summer. I don't have a short answer to this big problem. My hair was getting shorter in the middle of my head. Really bad breakage! I will tell you what I did. I went to the salon and got my hair cut layered because it was so UNHEALTHY and DAMAGED. It was the SHORTEST I ever had in my life! The lady wash and straighten it. So it was then back "normal" and healthy, but much shorter!



So, to avoid this ever happening again, I got me some Aveda Brilliant Shampoo and Conditioner which is made for textured and chemically treated hair (or try Pantene for women of color) I wash my hair once a week and I leave the conditioner in for about 5 mins. Next, I use Aveda Damage Remedy Intensive Restructring Treatment and leave it in my hair for 15 minutes with a plastic cap over my head then wash it out. I then apply CHI Silk Infusion just a nickel size amount to my hand and rub it evenly throughout my hair. I blowdry it straight. I apply another nickel size amount of CHI Silk Infusion to my hair and get ready to straighten with the CHI flat iron (the CHI leaves your hair silky like the salon and it is ceramic which is less damaging to your hair). Make sure you have the following products: Motions heat protectant (or Aveda Brilliant Damage Control), some Isoplus Oil Sheen, and Smooth n Shine Spray on Hair Polish. After your section your hair to straighten it, make sure you LIGHTLY spray all of the above on your strands prior to applying the flat iron to your hair. When you put the CHI in your hair, turn it like a curling iron at the end so you have that nice flip to it. When you are done, BAM your hair looks like you came out of the salon. I suggest you don't use any additional heat during the week on your hair so your ends don't split so fast and so you don't have to get it trimmed so often until your hair grows back out. But if you want to curl it during mid week make sure you spray that Motions heat protector in your hair.



Get your trim every 6 or 8 weeks depending how bad your ends are, which will depend on how much heat you use during the week. Also, WRAP your hair up EVERY night with a silk or satin scarf or sleep on a silk or satin pillowcase. Also, I used so many at home relaxers and the best one I like with no breakage is Optimum. Since I've been using the CHI flat iron at home, I have not put a relaxer in my hair since Nov. 2006 and I don't plan to. For grease I recommend Aveda Brilliant Anti-Humectant Pomade as it is petroleum free. Important: try not to use a brush because it will snag and break your hair. Instead, use a wide tooth comb and comb as less a possible. You should really check out the Sophisticates' Black Hair Styles and Care Guide Magazine. They are also giving good info. on how to take care of our hair. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment