Friday, November 13, 2009

How can I curl my Doll's Hair?

I bought a Barbie-Like Doll at the Craft Store, Michael's. I'm going to make it into a Cake-Doll, and I'm basing it after a Character I like from a Manga Series (Bizenghast; Dinah is the Character). But the Character has Curly Hair, and the doll does not. I tried to Wet it and then braid it tightly, but the curl just goes flat. And you can't Hair dry it because it'll melt. Anyone know how I can curl her hair without destroying her and the curl to be permanent?



How can I curl my Doll's Hair?

Weird...but use a curling iron to make the hair curl



How can I curl my Doll's Hair?

Did you do one braid or a lot of little ones? I would try a lot of little ones. Also put something in it to help hold it. A little bit of hair spray or mousse. Don't use any type of heat on it though, it will melt it.



How can I curl my Doll's Hair?

Cover it with a stiffener (hairspray, mousse, gel,even egg white), wrap around a pencil and blow-dry on the coolest setting. Blow-drying gently will not damage it!



How can I curl my Doll's Hair?

Don't do it for barbie hair it is going to burn .but put it low on the iron or put shampoo and comb it out with a comb



How can I curl my Doll's Hair?

do not use a curling iron because usually barbie dolls hair is made of plastic which can melt. My friends little sister tried to straighten it and the barbie's hair ended up ruining her straightening iron.



How can I curl my Doll's Hair?

Wet the hair and set it using drinking straws cut into small peices as curlers, hold the straws in place with bobby pins. Spray with hairspray. Give it several days to completely dry. Spray with hairspray again, let dry and then remove the curlers, then spray again. It won't be permanent, but it should last awhile.



Another option, but this doesn't work on all doll's hair so test a small sample of it first...wet the hair and set it with the straw curlers as above, after it is set dip the doll's head in almost boiling water for just a few seconds. Let it dry completely for a couple days, remove curlers %26amp; spray with hairspray.

No comments:

Post a Comment