Friday, November 13, 2009

Hair growing?

I am an african american female once apon a time I had long hair I guess after using so many different chemicals in my hair it started to break off. The only way it seems to grow is if I wear braids for a long time. Does anybody know of anything that can work for me I just want it to be longer. It will help if African American women respond not to be racist but we have the same hair type so they might understand better



Hair growing?

apply vitamine E oil



Hair growing?

well, try some conditioners, I think they have some especially for that reason. I really hope you succeed. Good luck!



Hair growing?

i had the same exact problem and i know exactly what you are going through if you try this routine your hair will be longer in less than 3 months



1.you should start over new by getting a haircut(this allows all of the dead hair to make room for the new healthier hair to grow)



2.stop heat styling,if you curl your hair everyday or flat iron it you should not this damages your hair just as much as chemicals



3.deep condition once every week and it makes your hair stronger and softer



I really hope this helps and if you have any questions e-mail me at jjnewt_10@yahoo.com



Hair growing?

check the links below for natural homemade beauty tips to:-- How can you get a faster hair growth



http://geebal.blogspot.com/2007/01/hair-...



Hair growing?

Ha!! I'm in the same boat :-)



After having long hair for years, I decided to cut it all off. Bad idea, compounded by constantly relaxing and coloring my hair.



When I did decided to grow it back, I cut off most of the processed hair and put it in braids. After 3 years my hair has grown almost 5 inches and when it is out of braids, it grows like a weed.



Here's what I do. I keep it in braids for 2.5-3 months. I wash it every 2 weeks, but I condition it once a week with Hair Mayonnaise. After I take my braids out, I cut the ends off and do a deep conditioning treatment with Hair Mayonnaise. I put it in and then sit under a dryer or hot towel for about an hour or so. Then I get it pressed with a "warm" comb to relax the texture and get it roller set and wrapped once a week. That's it. I DO NOT curl it with a curling iron, don't use a hairdryer. After a month or so of that, I get my braids put back in. I've been doing that for over three years and my hair is in great condition.



If you don't want to keep getting the braids in, get your hair to a length where you can roller set it once a week. Even better, do it at home and you can save money. Your hair will be healthier because you're not forcing heat into it on a regular basis, and you'll always have a "style" that you can wear up, down, in your face, or away from your face



Hair growing?

i am a african american woman and my hair started to break off too.My hairdresser\god aunt who is also black says the best way for hair to grow is to have braids,or use the hair moisterizer black and lovely.



Hair growing?

I'm not African American but my sister is a white girl who does all kind's of hair and she says the best way for it to grow is to put in braids. My sister get's paid to do African American hair and they love the way she does hair.



Hair growing?

The website listed below is for folk interested in growing their hair longer and caring for long hair. There's a full range of hair types and problems within the membership. There's not one solution for everyone. There are folk working through breakage and folk beginning from "scratch". There's also exchange of information on the latest hairclip designs.



General information is available to anyone visiting the website. Deeper access to the community requires registration, etc.



Hair growing?

There are shampoos for these. It will help your hair grow longer in a beautiful way. Water is an element that would help your hair grow longer



Hair growing?

I'm not African American, but I had a problem with my hair too. After I took the vitamin Biotin+Zinc after some weeks the problem was gone. I'm taking the vitamin now since many years.



Hair growing?

Chemicals can be the reason for the hair damage, but it also has alot to do with maintenance. How often do you get your ends clipped, washed and conditioned? What type of products are you using on your hair, i.e., store vs beauty supply store? Are you using oil products made with natural ingredients?



I have always used permanents and hair color on my hair (although I only get perms 3 times a year), but I maintain my hair by going to the salon once a week, getting my ends clipped every 6 weeks and I use natural oil products.



Visiting the salon can be costly, but work out a plan with your stylist and see if h/she is willing to charge you a lower rate for coming weekly. As for me, I do not buy breakfast or lunch during the day, so the money I could possibly spend on lunch and breakfast goes to my salon visits.



Next, look for hair oils made with natural ingredients. I use to use Natural Oasis (the one with the palm tree on the bottle) but now I use Lisa's Hair Elixir by Carol's Daughter.



You can check out her products at www.carolsdaughter.com



She was featured on Tyra Bank's show a few weeks ago, but I have been using her product for a couple of years now. ALL NATURAL products.



Personally, I do not care for braids.



Hair growing?

I am white but I have really course, thick wavy hair and I have had the sam problem that you are talking about. They sell vitamins that help your hair grow. I don't remember what they are called but you can get the at a vitamin store. I use prenatal vitamins. But try not to use chemicals on your hair. Wear it pulled back as often as possible. I use pink oil moisturizer on my hair a couple times a day. I shampoo my hair 3x's a week and I use a clarifying shampoo that you can get any where. It help remove build-up and residue from hard water. When I want to staighten my hair and wear it down I use a product called citre shine polishing serum. It helps to make my hair smoothe a frizz free. The lady who does my hair and gives me advice is an African American woman.



Hair growing?

I've always hated chemicals. Not only are they bad for your hair but also for your health. They cause all types of cancers and infections. Back in 1998 I began to grow a LENGHTY afro. After about a year I loced it. Your head will feel so much better as well as your health!If you don t want to loc your hair just twist IT for two weeks and take them out and repeat. your hair will grow this way, and fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment