Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I would like to grow the relaxer out of my hair?

I would like to grow the relaxer out of my hair, but i keep having trouble deciding what to do with my hair during the interim period. I was thinking I could wear a full hear sew in weave that I had re-done ever six weeks for a year to eighteen months straight in order to get me through. I had though about braids but braids just arent that cute to me anymore and I am a starting my career as a lawyer and believe that a weave will look more professional and polished than braids. Also if anyone could recommend a good stylist that specializes in hair extensions especially sew ins in Detroit, Cleveland, or New York City would be great. Also I was thinking of buying pretty expensive hair so that it would last longer, am i making sense please give input.



I would like to grow the relaxer out of my hair?

I think that you should do the sew in weave because your giving hair a break. BUT, you must take of your hair while wearing the sew in. Ppl tend to forget their hair while wearing sew ins and as an African American women, we must apply moisture to our hair. It won't grow healthly if it's dry. I don't think braids are girly IMO. And as a lawyer you know that you have to present yourself as a professional. I'm not saying that braids can't look professional, I think microbraids looks better than cornrows. You can style microbraids but I like sew ins better. I'm a paramedic so I know not wear "my Saturday harstyles" i.e red hair, big ponytails, etc. I'm the sew in queen because it's very conveinent(spelling) for me. My hair is as long as the weave that I wear(I buy 16-18in and wear a long Ciara kind of wrap style) but I like to be able to unwrap my hair and go. I think a cute bob will look nice for you career start. I buy Remy hair or new premium yaki. Please don't buy hair that doesn't match, like that silky straight mess. You want your hair to look very natural, not fake. I live in Pittsburgh so I can't recommend a stylist for you, my stylist is BAD. I've been going to her for over 4 years. If you like I can email you my hair care routine. My hair is healthy because I make sure that I take care of it with and without a weave. Oh and if you have thick hair make sure that they braid your hair in small braids because once your hair starts to grow you don't want your weave to lumpy. And I normally get my hair redone about every 6-8 wks. No more than 8 wks because you don't want your hair to start matting under the weave. And everytime you remove the weave make sure that you get a good deep conditioner and get you end trim as needed. And you have to give your hair a break from the weave from time to time or your hair can become unhealthy-I ound that out the hard way too! If you have any more questions let me know. Good luck and Merry Xmas, Nina J

No comments:

Post a Comment