Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Biracial hair questions????

I have 3 biracial daughters (I'm black, my husband is white) ages 9, 5, and 1. My oldest daughter has long curly hair when its wet but as soon as it dries it seems brittle, and very nappy at times. When she was younger it was easy to wet, apply coconut oil, and go but now as it has gotten longer all I can do is braid it or put it up in a ponytail. My middle daughter has shorter, thicker hair hers is a little bit more managable, but it is brittle sometimes as well. I've tried just about every reccomended hair product on the market, and it usually only works for a while. I make sure I keep their ends trimmed, I wash and condition their hair twice a week, I have even asked my friends what they have used for their biracial children, (and four of them are hair stylists) and nothing seems to work. HELP, I am about at my wits end. Can someone reccomed something that will work?



Biracial hair questions????

Try Mizani. I saw in a mag that it straightens hair without relaxers and leaves it smooth. It is used on naturally curly hair like your daughters's. Since Their young You should Use some All About Me Texturizers. These act as a uber light treatment that makes curls easier to manage. Basically gives them a wet manageable look. Also consider the line of Mixed Chicks Products. The name says it all.



Good Luck!!!



Biracial hair questions????

try checking their diets.. brittle hair is usually caused by poor nourishment. The nappyness is genetic though. Maybe you should consider doing a big trim.. like 3-6 inches. It will improve her long hair alot. When i grew my hair really long(about 9) whenever my mom cut it she allways took off like 6 inches.



Biracial hair questions????

Even though the are bi-racial, you still need to put some kind of "grease" in their heads, because they're black and can still have a kinky hair texture even though they are mix. Not the old fashion grease your momma used to put in your head, but something like the product called Motions. It comes in a yellowish- goldish bottle with purple letters it's greaseless, it helps keep hair mositurized which is what they need.

No comments:

Post a Comment